Blog Archive

Thursday 21 July 2005

Tribute to the King DJ Screw - Damage Control - July 21, 2005

Last night we hosted our 5th tribute to DJ Screw. We do it twice every year, in July and November, the anniversaries of his birth and his death, and last night we had a gang of people in the house adding a lot of insight to what made Houston what it is today.

Screw is what made Houston what it is today.

I'm not trying to take anything from anyone else, we all know Rap-A-Lot started this and they started their own revolution and get respect for that. But fact is, no one has had as strong an impact on rap as DJ Screw did. At least not since Kool Herc and Bambatta. No DJ In the world has started a movement like DJ Screw. You can dispute that if you want. You can have other favorite DJ's, but unless you were here when Screw was in his prime, you never saw a DJ spark a revolution and genuinely touch people like Screw did. Anyway peep the photos. I didn't get that many because my camera lens fogged up like hell when I went outside to shoot Lil O and everyone cut out before I could get at em. My man Tim BBS is gonna send me some shots today and I'll post his as well, a little later.

But yo, go download this show and learn something...


Big Bub setting things off for the camera. We literally had 4 camera crews in the house.


Guests in the house showing love.


Even Manny B had a camera.


Lil O


My man Tim

And look, don't miss out on the annual Screwed Up Records and Tapes Tribute to Screw Block Party going down this Saturday July 23rd from like 5 p.m. on. It's the livest party of the year and one of the few things I always make sure to come out to. It's the best event in Houston, every year for real.

DOWNLOAD THE SHOW HERE - A TRIBUTE TO DJ SCREW - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DJ SCREW - JULY 21, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment