Blog Archive

Tuesday 11 September 2007

Kanye VS. 50 Cent = Don't Believe the HypeCHAMILLIONAIRE WINSAND HOUSTON STILL RULES RAP!

That's real talk right there. While the media whores and vultures stroll and hover around the hype, Houston continues to bring the world the best rap music available (Aside from o.k., Turf Talk, San Quinn, Mistah FAB and Pharoah Monche BUT THAT'S IT!). Kanye's record is cool, I ain't trippin' I actually dig it, can't really jam to tough to Curtis, but hands down the winner in this situation is Chamillionaire.



Yeah, it leaked last week, and while I generally don't go after the leaks, I kind of had to go ahead and download this one. I was really curious to see how Cham would follow up his platinum solo debut, and man, I'ma tell you right now, the boy killed this.

It's crazy, dude actually has concepts on pretty much every song, he's rapping about things that matter, he's speaking to the youth directly, he's doing all the things that made me love rap music in the first place. And for that Chamillionaire, I thank you. Not all of us wake up dancing.

All that being said, how come Houston is still consistently bringing the best rap music in the entire game right now, but we're not seeing the press and hype we did a couple years back? Is it cuz I hated on New York? Damn, I hope it's not my fault. Where hath everyone moved onto? They ain't doing shit on the Bay, which is exploding right now, they ain't looking deep into Chicago which is bubbling like a witches cauldron, they are barely looking at Florida which is about to come down and take over and smack everybody in the face on so many levels, so what? Is it only about JUSTICE AND FALL OUT BOY? (That one was for Kanye, cuz he's sort of right)

I don't know. But look, here's proof that in 2007, the best rap music is coming out of Houston (and Texas as a whole, word to Chalie Boy, Money Waters, Gerald G, Black Mike, Bavu Blakes, Kenika, all them).

Unfadable...


Unfadable...


Real as fuck and out now in Europe for some reason. Get yours "USED" on Amazon.com TODAY! Ugh.


Most underrated lyricist ever. His greatest album yet.


Amazing, and Unfadable...


And coming soon to once again take over your life...


WE DEALING WITH MATHMATICS HERE SON WHILE YOU JUST COUNTING NUMBERS SON. RECOGNIZE THE REAL HOUSTON STILL SMASHING EVERYONE.

Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment