Blog Archive

Tuesday 18 December 2007

Not Gone Yet

No, I'm just commuting.

I am and always have been, a sentimental flitcase. In fact, every year about this time I get a disturbing feeling of doom, not about Christmas, as I actually very much so enjoy Christmas, but more about the impending new year.

I never had any worries about Y2K - even while one of my great friends was curled up in a fetal position beneath his computer desk (for some odd reason) cuz he was SURE that God was gonna strike us all down at the stroke of the new millenium and made sure every minute of every day leading up to it that I knew this "fact" - and I have no worries for 2008. But something about watching another year pass always gives me this melancholy feeling that I can't shake.

Couple that with all of the impending changes in my life, the fact that my family and I will celebrate Christmas in no less than four cities in one weeks time and then in the next week move to Austin to full on start my new job at SXSW, yeah I'm freaking out.

I'm a nervy person in general (ask Devin, he'll tell you), and this combination of excitement and well anxiety I guess is why I haven't posted anything on this blog since I put the Hillbilly fracas up some time ago. There's no real point to this post other than to say Happy Holidays to all of y'all, do your best to get through it all and look forward to big things in 2008.

Real Talk.
Know'm Sayin'.
Um.

Yep.

See you at Slick Rick tonight? Warehouse Live? Free! www.scion.com/livemetro

Lets tip a few of them drinks.

Forget you ever read this.

P.S. This whole Pimp C thing also has my head a mess. R.I.P. to one of the main reasons any of you are even reading this blog. For if it wasn't for UGK, there may never have really ever been "Southern Rap." And here we sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment