Blog Archive

Saturday 3 September 2005

Chingo Bling Live in NYC Pics!

Man it went down so really real once again this past Wednesday night in New York City. This time around the venue was Joe's Pub and the headliner was Mr. Chingo Bling. My man Scavone opened -- my real man since, 1994, one of the few people who like, I don't know, me and Scavone just been really trilly down since 1994, there's only a few other people I can say that about, cuz I'm always moving and shit. Anyway, Scavone and band opened and ripped a tight set with Doujah Raze joining in at the end (unfortunately my photos of him were even too blurry for even MY standards). I got to catch up with some old friends, some new ones, some Texas ones, shit was really off the chain for me once again.


The man Chingo Bling.

Travelling wiht Chingo Bling is a straight joy man. The dude is genuinely funny 24/7, always on, even when he's talking serious, he flies into the serious ad lib comedy to keep you rolling through airport delays and thoughts of our brothers and sisters suffering in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Anyway onto the photos, worth 1,000 words a piece.


My man Rio Rocket kind of represents the bulk of the crowd here... Faded off them free Courvasier drinks. Thanks for repping Courvasier. What the fuck were them dranks again?


DJ Elle opened the night and played a real wide array of hip hop from all urreas.


Ray Tammarra is also my man from years and years ago. Youcould say he got me started blogging before I even knew what a blog was. I used to do a column called Indy Rap Roundup on his site thecrusade.net, and still should... He's the greatest dude man. A true inspiration and makes the best incense.


This is me with my man Pappa Ka, another dude I knew since 1994 but we didn't stay in such good touch. We used to smoke 6000 blunts a night on CLinton Avenue in Brooklyn and talk mad shit, then he'd fall asleep standing up. My man.


ANOTHER good friend of mine I haven't kept in enough touch with, though she now and again pops up on my instant messenger under various names. Terita Murphy. We met while we were both interning at the New Music Seminar in 1994. I bonded with her over the fact that she liked bass music and we would bomb on all the keep it real New York dorks who just couldn't accept such a thing. We were schooling fool shard ont he real back then. She used to come to my house and make fun of me and my roommates. Which was full well merited.


DJAYRESSOREAL was in the building.


My homegirl (and JD's GIRL) Aubin Bryan took my camera again and did her thang. Hello.


Lord Sear running the livest show on that Sirius Shade 45. Don't sleep. Get Sirius. I'ma bout finna do so as well.


Scavone ripping the set.


Talkin' bout revolution.


And here's the man. Chingo took the stage to screams of AI YI YI YI YI and CHINGO TU MADRE and it was all good. The man fucking rules soreal...


Stunta held it down as well reppin' for that nawf.


You know the name. You want a soreal show, book CHingo. He'll show you and yours how it goes.


Seriously.


Jeru tha Damaja was in the house. Man, I'm thinking collabo fellas... HA!


Happy BDay to you too DJ JD. How old you is now boy? I been knowed you since you were knee high to a grasshopper smoking blunts in the garage running from them laws. For real. Soreal fam indeed.


Another live one brought to you by that SoReal Fam... WHADDUP ROXY.

Next up:

COMPLEX MAGAZINE - OXXYCOTTONTAIL - HOUSTONSOREAL PRESENT!

SCREWED UP CLICK
G.R.i.T. Boys
Short Dawg (Russell Simmons Music Group)

THURSDAY SEPT. 15th LIVE AT JOES PUB!

Flyer, details and all that shit forthcoming.

Also check back with us this weekend, I'm working on a lil memories of New Orleans piece I want to share with you. My true favorite city is gone (for now) and well, we have to show our love for it. We have to send our vibes to it. And we have to help all those in need. Don't believe the hype. Just pull all the love you can from your heart (and if you can, your wallet) and help your brothers and sisters.

Working on a benefit show right now with Paul Wall and them boys from Mo' Betta. More info forthcoming as well. Keep checking the real. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment