Blog Archive

Thursday 22 September 2005

Don't Pat Yourself on the Fuckin Back Quite Yet Houston



The birds are gone, the squirrels have burrowed or scattered, or whatever it is they do when a natural disaster looms, and all that's left is the people in their big iron tanks. And the City of Houston, it seems, is already patting itself on the back for a job well done, having gotten everyone stirred up into a shitstorm waaaay in advance of the impending Shitstorm Rita, which I suppose is good. But they're being a little premature.

Thing is, the shitheads didn't prepare very well. My family and I just spent 5 hours (2:45 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.) driving just over ten miles on Highway 290 towards Austin. 5 hours for 10 miles y'all, while the fucking east bound lanes were wide open and clear as can be. People are breaking down on the side of the road, over heating, running out of gas -- as are the stations on pretty much every highway -- and no one in the city can think to open the east bound lanes to west bound traffic? I'm serious yo, if I wasn't in such a daze I would have taken some photos myself. It is straight up insanity out there. Serious, I saw 290, Beltway 8 and I-10 more packed than anything I've ever seen in my life.

Parking lots.

So, once we reached Beltway 8, we turned around and came home. Might ride this little bitch out. Might try again if they open up the inbound lanes. Might try to get a flight. I don't know but this shit is fucking fucked.

We'll survive though. These fools are making way more out of it than it really is, and like I said, are already patting themselves on the back while they fuck the fuck up incessantly. I'm pissed. No sleep till Austin.

And to top it off I couldn't stick around the station to watch the blue line crawl as I uploaded Damage Control, so it obviously didn't. Fuck fuck fuck....

No sleep till Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment