Blog Archive

Tuesday 3 October 2006

Photos from Chill and Ric Euro Tour and More

Wittier title and a full run down coming Wednesday. For now here's some photos. I am swamped over here.

I'll be on Damage Control tomorrow night after a 3 week hiatus so tune in for plenty new music and Euro sounds and such. Wednesday night, midnight till 3 a.m., 90.1 FM in Houston. www.kpft.org elsewheres. That's 07.00 - 10.00 in Norway.

And yo, if there's anyway I can get the Lydverket Special on Houston hosted by Mona B on You Tube, I'ma post it cuz it is amazing. They did a fantastic job. Peace to everyone at NRK.

Anyway full report up tomorrow.

Oslo, Norway


Grandpa SoReal Showing the young uns how it go down


DJ Chill sittin' by the dock of the Bay in Oslo, when you se his DVD you'll see that moments after this photo was taken he was almost attacked by a Rottweiller


For some reason Norge likes liberals like FDR and Myself. SoReal Summer Home Coming Soon.


This baffled Chill a little bit


Mona B. is the reason


DJ Chill outside Club Bla


Peace to my man Raide for this tight tight one here


Raide reppin' that Dead End!


The area around Bla and Fabrikken is covered in art






















And a chandelier in the alley way


Me and Kineh


This shit was crazy, I was walking down this alley way 10 zillion miles from home and all of a sudden I heard a call of "MATT!" from above. And it was Mira Craig, Norway's hottest r&b star. She wa sint eh studio recording then came out to dinner with us.


Patrick from Juicy and my man from WESC Clothing. Man, I was in a mall in Trondheim and saw this WESC Jacket that had me trippin'. They didn't have it in XXXL tho. I only wear Norwegian fashions. I nmeed one of them traditional sweaters they keep telling me about.


WESC Got a wrapped vehicle


Mona B and the Lydverket Posse to us to dinner.


DJ Chill at said dinner


DOwnloading songs at dinner


Mira Craig at dinner wiht us as evidenced by this photo


In Norway, since you can't smoke inside buildings anymore, they will give you a blanket if you happen to want to sit outside so you can smoke, or in our case, soak up the beauty that is a Norwegian night.


DJ Chill


Rapid Ric




Man, hold up. This photo is blurry as shit, but it says KODENE on it. Yep these boys went and got them some codeine pills, and some prescription cough syrup and mixed that shit together. I didn't get any of this as someone leftthe bottle sitting out and well, it got stolen. Motherfuckers.


Chill and Ric ripping thangs




My boy Daniel from Passit kept it really real as always with us.


There's no shortage of ladies in Norway




Knowmtimbout






Oral B of the Playboy Foundation and friend


Pimp Lotion of the Playboy FOundation, along with my man Raide, was writing about Houston rappers liek Fesu and the SPC in magazines back in the early 90's. It don't get much realer.


DJ Hercules is my hero


Jeanett-Uh and Raide


Mira Craig, originally from Baton Rouge, danced to the down south sounds all night






Here's me and Chris Lee, one of the biggest rappers in Norway, expect to see him, my peoples from Passit Records and Mira Craig at SXSW next year



Trondheim, Norway


Rapid Ric




DJ Chill with a dude we met at a concert earlier in the night by another big group in Norway, Karpe Diem. We walked down to this student center to pass out flyers at this concert where like 2000 people were going nuts for one of their home countries finest. Picture a Lil Keke concert in Houston and you'll know what I'm saying. The shit was packed the hell out and all of a sudden, this dude on the right grabs me and says "Are you Matt SoReal from HoustonSoReal?" And then left the concert and hung out with us all night. So weird man. Recognized in Trondheim, a small town in the north of Norway.




DoorGirlsSoReal








This lady, man, she was insane. I was at the bar and she boldly called me over like "COME HERE!" So I walked over to her and she said "Are you the guy responsible for bringing these DJ's here?" I said "Yes." She said, "Well thank you for that. I really like this. It's not like other hip hop you know? I mean, it's not so annoying like other hip hop and these guys are really good." Then she proceeded to show me her wide repertoire of faces. She's a kindergarten teacher. You'll see the whole range of faces on the HoustonSoReal on the road DVD.


The mosquito face also comes with a really loud, shrill, squeal that scared the hell out of half the patio.








No shortage of girls in Norway.









Amsterdam, Netherlands


This is Isotta, daughter of two of my great friends in Amsterdam, Flavia and Kev. See them below.




Flavia


Flavia and Kev


Yep


Lookout for the Great Randino from right here in Houston , Texas. I swear, his flyers were everywhere we went! That's hustlin'.


Ric at one of my favorite coffee shops, Easy TImes. Good reggae vibes and big Heinekens on tap there.


It's like magic.


We stayed in the Bijlmer


This is the dude I took a photo of last year at Devin's show in a Whut it Dew shirt. I neeeeeed a Bijlmer Style shirt. The Bijlmer Style mixtape I got won't play in my cd player though.


My brother Arend








Silhouette den Enting

London, England


Dudes outside the chicken spot Dizzee took us to




Supposedly these undercover cops arrested this kid for having a gun. He came in the chicken spot while we were ordering and was kind of whyling out, but I didn't pay him no mind. The cops obviously did.


Dizzee Rascal SoReal. One of the greatest MC's of all time in my opinion. You don't agree? You dun know dumb butt.




Dizzee and his partners in Bow, the neighborhood he came up in






My wife and my other brother Dave Stelfox in Bow




Me and Chantelle Fiddy. She is to grime what I am to Houston rap. From what I can see anyway. She's like, the biggest supporter I've heard of thus far. She brought me a Kano 7" which will be played on Damage Control tonight.


Dave the Stealth Fox, our most gracious host


Chantelle Fiddy and Hattie Collins, editor of RWD Magazine,also one of the realest




Rapido finna be back in yo area with Chamillionaire. Akala opening up kicking rhymes like Shakespeare


London from the top level of a double decker bus


On that Tuss


My wife Melissa took these photos of Buckingham Palace and such. She went out and checked shit out with a friend while I used said friends computer in an attempt to do some work.


Big Ben, not the rapper from Dallas, the clock.


She had to do it


Yo Yo wall projection. What a party!


I'm trying to tell you dog. Seb Chew held it down for us as did Semtex and the Yo Yo Massive. When we coming back?


Seb Chew doin' the Dew.


It really means a lot when you are in a basement party in London and you meet a guy with a Big Mello picture tee. RIP BIG MELLO! Remind me one day to write up a couple of my Big Mello stories.


DJ Chill and the Super Super Est of them all


The other half of Super Super and my man Jeremy from i-D Magazine. What up blud?


This is my other brother Brian Bartholomew. You may know his work from Murder Dog. Seriously man, he's an independent film maker, photographer, writer, father like myself and we are crazy close. Chill and Ric stayed with him while I stayed with Dave to conserve space and I hate that i didn't get alot of time with him this time around. We will be back though. Bet that shit.


Saucy lil photographer up in the party. Get my boys in them tabloids, PLEASE!






NoSaprise made it out to the London event!


DJ Semtex ripped them tables in celebration of the release of his latest CD GRIME WAVE! L Dot Man on the mic!


My partner Jeremy from i-D Magazine


Dave and Melissa


Brian B and me wish Murder Dog was a monthly magazine




They sell fags in London, who knew.


Logan Sama and me. Logan is a grime music pioneer DJ who will be touring Texas in November. Get ready ready, I got a surprise for y'all.


It did get a lil tiring don't get me wrong.




Nasty Jack from the Nasty Crew and Logan Sama


NoSaprise and DJ Chill


Randino!


My colleagues in the game


Back of Semtex's jacket

Then it was on to Scotland for one of my best friend's weddings. Jasper hates Americans, but for some reason he likes me and Scavone as we recognize no country. We just swim in beer, and whilst in the Highlands, whiskey. I never drank so much fuckin' whiskey in my life. Then again I couldn't find a hash dealer in Ardgay so I HAD to have something...


The wedding was held in this castle, we stayed here too. Wow. Photo by Melissa Sonzala


Mel took this one too


Jasper the groom


Magali the bride




Yes almost every man except me and Scavone wore a kilt.


That's my boy Kevin from Vancouver on the left there.


These guys think you want to see their legs


And maybe you do


But I think most of us would rather see this. Sorry Astra, I had to do it.


Magali and Jasper just before dinner in...


the massive dining hall. A Bat flew over us while we were eating!


Melissa had the scallops


WHile I opted for the vegetarian plate. Amazing stuff.


Scavone did not kill any friendships this weekend at all.


Magali's aunt and uncle had the distinct pleasure of dining with us. I drank all the wine on the table I think. I hope that was o.k.


A lil beer to go with the whiskey. Did you know that Scottish whiskey is cheaper at Spec's here in Houston than it is in Scotland?


Me and Jasper


This right here is quite possibly my oldest friend. When I was 15 I was sent to Germany by my school on some art program. It was there, in 1987, that I met Konstantin and we have stayed close ever since. We see each other somehow someway every year or so. My other oldest friend, Mike, I met when I was 16.


Jasper thinks we make our t-shirts too large.


Jasper and Astra having the last dance before we hit the road back to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment