Blog Archive

Saturday 18 November 2006

Last Weeks Damage Control Tribute to DJ Screw and Hawk

O.K. So admittedly it wasn't our most thorough tribute to date. No one from the SUC showed up, but to be honest I didn't get on the phone and call everyone cuz quite often a lot of the folks don't show up anyway. I also didn't want to have yet another session of people talking down on those who also make slowed down music.

I really wanted to play some classic songs from some classic Screw tapes, rather than just a bunch of flows, and also wanted to get more Hawk jams on there. We could have certainly played more Hawk.

But there was also a lot of new music that needed to be played. Download, don't stream, the show and you will hear brand new UGK featuring Kool G. Rap and Big Daddy Kane, two new Grit Boys songs - one featuring Hawk and the other featuring BG, a Grit Boys freestyle that featured Joleone from London and Great Scott, and man, just a bunch of new music.

Bohagon was in the house from Georgia and played some new music too. Peace to A-Day for bringing him down.

PEACE to my man Tim BBS who some time ago let me copy a gang of Screw tapes he had ripped to his hard drive. I have a good amount of tapes, and some CD's from the shop, but dude had some rare shit that people even called the station to find out about. Like "What tape is this from?" Unfortunately I didn't know half the time either. I just wanted to play stuff that jammed.

Anyway, the show was real tight. DJ Chill kills it. And this week we bring it to you in a new format. KPFT is now recording and archiving all of its shows so I am now able to grab the audio hour by hour and today I am posting it in three parts rather than just one big MP3. This will be a good thing because most of the time I stop recording at the latest 2:30 a.m. to get everything saved and uploaded and get out of the way of the next show (The Groove with Bobby Phats).

But now, like one minute after the hour, the show is placed in the archive and I can upload it right away if I want. Anyway, I would love it if you regular listeners could leave me a comment after listening to tell me which way you prefer it. Do you want it all as one big MP3 or broken down into 3 MP3's? I know these three shows took quite some time to upload, not sure how the download will be. I need to know how it works on your end. So please let me know. Leave a comment.

Cuz I can do it either way. But whatever. On to the music.

AS ALWAYS PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND LISTEN ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER. DON'T STREAM AND BLOCK UP ALL THE SERVER SPACE. Quit hatin'.

Damage Control 11-16-06 Part 1

Damage Control 11-16-06 Part 2

Damage Control 11-16-06 Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment