Blog Archive

Tuesday 27 February 2007

Is GMAIL Racist????

OK So I know that Gmail scans emails and puts "appropriate" ads up to correspond with the emails. For example when I email Paul Wall I get a Grills By Paul Wall ad or some shit. When I write to Cham I get CHAMILLIONAIRE RINGTONES.

But today I had a couple emails go back and forth with UGK's agent and this ad was next to it:

"Nigga
Great deals on Nigga
Shop on eBay and Save!
www.eBay.com"

No one dropped an N-BOMB anywhere in that email, but for some reason this really stupid ad came up. ?!?!?!? Seriously, Gmail need to check themselves.

Is that a joke? I actually found it to be quite offensive. Great deals on Nigga? I'm afraid to click the link but fuck it lemme do this...

It went to ebay and gave me this:

Nigga Deep - Brotha Lynch Hung & Sicx (CD 1998)
Feedback: 4 | 100% Location: Rhode Island

Prince New Power Generation Gold Nigga CD NPG OOP M S
Feedback: 8773 | 99.6% Location: Maryland

DAZ DILLINGER / DAT NIGGA DAZ records LOT 5x12"
Feedback: 4348 | 98.4% Location: New York

RUFF RYDERS - JAY-Z - JIGGA MY NIGGA
Feedback: 2671 | 99.3% Location: Michigan

Plus like 59 more cd's to buy.

Does GMAIL secretly search ads for "Nigga" when Bun B and/or UGK is mentioned in an email? Cuz that's all it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment