Blog Archive

Monday 14 December 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

Can you even count how many times you’ve heard that song on the radio this year?   No?   Me either, not that it matters because I could listen to it a Kazillion more times and not get tired of it. I AB-SO-LUTELY love Christmas time, from the parties to the hot chocolate. So much so that I started thinking about it in July August October… Yes I know I have a problem and should I forget, I’ve got a nice personal reminder that gives me that look when I pick up Christmas decor in July October.

There are so many icons that represent Christmas to me but one of the biggest, at home, is the tree.

IMG_1832sigs

This year my Christmas colors are Aqua, White, and Silver.

I say “this year” because remember how I mentioned the “gimmie10” disease I suffer from? (If not check out the “about me” for a proper description).

I really hope this picture does the aqua color justice because it is the most beautiful jewel-rollyourselfinitandsmile-tone.IMG_1777sigs IMG_1788sigsIMG_1826sigsIMG_1833sigs

IMG_1836sigs

IMG_1846sigs 

Now for the Cheap Like a Birdie aspect.

Those make-me-smile aqua glass Christmas balls .31 CENTS each.

White glass Christmas balls .12 each

Mesh ribbon, less than $2 for the whole tree.

Aqua ball garland $3 for the whole tree.

Various Aqua ornaments .50-1.50 each

Picks .10 each

Now the big kicker, the 7.5 foot slim design, pre-lit with foot push on/off artificial tree with metal stand and random “real branches” $25! Original price $200.

Yeah I know, you just said to yourself “why can’t I find deals like that”.  I hope to change that voice from “why can’t I” to “I did”.

I hope you all are having a blessed holiday season and stay tuned for pictures of my PINK CHRISTMAS decor and my cheap and easy centerpiece.

 

I’m linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick’s Christmas Tree Party, Between Naps on the Porch, House Tours, Funky Junk, Southern Hospitality, The Nester and Tip Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment